Mold infestation can be a severe health hazard for you and your family members. Unfortunately, it's a common problem impacting many homeowners. If your home has mold accumulation, this can cause several issues, including asthma, irritation, respiratory issues, and allergic reactions. When do you need mold removal? There are some signs you can watch out for to help you seek assistance.
Mold odors occur due to the release of volatile organic compounds or VOCs. These compounds evaporate and form a smell similar to wet earth, mildew, or musty old basement. Mold not only affects the indoor air quality but can also cause permanent damage to the physical structure of your home.
If you have mold growth in your home and notice an unpleasant odor, you should call a professional mold remediator as soon as possible. Letting the problem get out of hand could lead to irreparable structural damages and severe health risks.
Mold is a type of fungus that grows in moist and dark areas. It reproduces quickly and can be challenging to eliminate. If you don't want further damage to occur in your home, seek professional help as soon as you discover mold infestation.
For mold to thrive, it needs several conditions, including water, food source, and a warm environment. Water provides the moisture necessary for mold growth, while nutrient-rich soil provides food for mold spores. Warmth makes the area more hospitable for mold spores to grow on top of each other so that they can reproduce faster.
Humidity and Condensation
Humidity is a significant cause of mold growth. It can also cause condensation on windows and walls. If you live in an area with high humidity, it's essential to take precautions against mold growth because the humidity level will make the mold grow faster.
Condensation on windows and walls may not necessarily mean you need cleaning. However, if you also find your home has a musty smell, then it could be a sign that there is excess humidity in the air.
Mold produces tiny spores that you can inhale. Unfortunately, some people can be allergic to these spores. One of the common signs of allergic reaction is having persistent flu-like symptoms. These may include skin irritations, runny nose, sneezing, coughing, and sore throat.
Do you believe your home has mold infestation? Do not wait for this problem to advance and cause more issues. You want to contact a mold removal service as soon as possible.